Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance do I need to order my cake?
As early as possible, for two reasons - 1) to avoid disappointment & the date already being booked to another client - 2) the sooner you confirm your order the sooner I can begin the design process for you and the more time and thought I can put into your order.
Weddings & any big ocassion: at least 2 months in advance - preferrably 3 months
Birthdays & other smaller occasions: A minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
I can sometimes accommodate last minute requests, but acceptance of these is entirely dependent upon availability. I limit the number of bookings I take per week.
*My availability is on the right hand side of the home page*
When do I need to pay/Do I need to pay a deposit?
For wedding cakes or other big events such as quinces, bar/bat mitzvahs, etc. a $100 deposit is due at the time of booking to secure your date.
ALL orders must be fully paid on or before the time it is due. Weddings or other big events, must be paid in full 2 weeks before the event. – unfortunately no payment, no cake.
Can I have a mix flavors?Yes. But only for orders of cupcakes 2 dozen or more and cakes that are multi tiered.
Do you deliver & set up?
Yes. You can have your order delivered but there will be delivery charge. I can also set up for you at the venue for a fee. You are welcome to pick your order up also.
How do I place an order?
1) Look through my web page for inspiration & design ideas and to choose from my flavors.
2) Check my availability. (It is possible to complete more than 1 order on a date depending on complexity & size of the orders.)
3) E-mail or call me with the following information:
- Date & time of celebration
- Type of celebration
- How many people will be attending or how many servings you will require
- Desired flavors
- If you will pick up your order or will require delivery
- Any ideas for color/theme/design/toppers you may already have (Feel free to include as many samples/ designs/ pictures as you like)
- If you are emailing, it is helpful to me if you include the date the cake/cupcakes are required in the subject line i.e. (October 2nd - Rose Wedding Cake or August 12th - 21st Birthday Car Cake).
**It is helpful to consider the individual for whom it is intended, their hobbies & traits, the theme & color scheme of the occasion & the statement you are trying to create.
4) I will then respond with a quote.
5) If the quote meets with your approval, email or call to book your desired date.
6) The balance of the order must be paid in full on or before the date it is due. For weddings or any big ocassion, balance is due 2 weeks before. Unfortunately, no payment, no cake.
7) Pick up or receive delivery of your order
8) Return any rented items, such as stands. Upon return of the items, security deposit will be refunded. I can collect the rented stand(s) for a fee, if preferred.